Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Garden

089

I have a garden this year! On top of being a mom, keeping the house, and taking care of myself, I am also growing food and flowers and herbs. Sounds like work, but its not.:)

I am doing square foot gardens. I have 4 boxes made but am only growing in one at the moment. I will add more as I go along. This project is all mine. The kids are involved as well but they just help and right now not much to do but water the plants.

088

I am seeing tomatoes growing and cucumbers. Hopefully we can harvest some in the next couple of weeks.

085

I also have 2 pear trees and 2 apple trees. Only thing to do with them at the moment is water, there will be some pruning at some point too. I hope that we can start harvesting fruit in the next couple of years.

This type of gardening, be it a bucket or a box, really is an easier, less back breaking, less sweaty way to go about growing things.

083

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! This looks great Jodie. Good work Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you build your own boxes? I am doing containers currently, but thinking these for next year. i need to get to building.

    ReplyDelete